For 4-5 persons
- 300 gms potatoes boiled and mashed
- 50 gms moong dal (green pulse) soaked
- 75 gms green peas (matar)
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 40 gms. arrowroot
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 3/4 tsp.whole coriander seeds
- 1 bunch of green coriander chopped
- 1 inch adrak
- 3/4 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tsp. pomegranate powder
- 1 lemon
- 8-10 lettuce (salad patta)
- salt as per taste
- Coarsely grind matar and moong dal.
- Mix green chillies, green coriander, adrak, salt and all other spices with it.
- Heat a spoonful of oil in a kadhai.
- Fry dal and spices mixture for 3-4 minutes or until the raw smell is gone. (but make sure it should not burn)
- Mix arrowroot with the potatoes and mash them nicely.
- Form balls out of mashed potatoes and stuff the fried dal mixture to make tikkees.
- Grease the pan. Fry the tikkees on both the sides till golden brown. (please note golden brown... it will not look good if it gets black on the sides.. so take care:-)
- Garnish with salad lettuce.. (this is for the presentation) and serve with green chutney or sauce.
This is perfect for an evening snack and healthy too. After all we all should take care of our health also na.. Enjoy:-)