Jan 21, 2010

Paneer Tikka


Jan 21, 2010
When one day in Jnuary, on my return home, my wife, seeing that I was tired, offered me something to eat, a thing I did not ordinarily take. I declined at first, and then, for no particular reason, changed my mind. She sent for one of those stuff, which look as though they were waiting for me. And soon, mechanically, dispirited after a dreary day with the prospect of a tiring  tomorrow, I raised to my lips a spoonful of the dish in which I was completely soaked. No sooner had the warm food mixed with my saliva than a shiver ran through me and I stopped, intent upon the extraordinary thing that was happening to me. An exquisite pleasure had invaded my senses, something isolated, detached, with no suggestion of its origin. And at once essence of  life had become indifferent to me, its disasters innocuous, its brevity illusory, this new sensation having had the effect, which lav has, of filling me with a precious essence; or rather this essence was not in me, it-was-me. Well, this line has been ripped of a Shakespeare book :) I had ceased now to feel mediocre, contingent, mortal. When could it have come to me, this all-powerful joy? I sensed that it was connected with the taste of the dish, but that it infinitely transcended those savors...


And . . . 
to present you with the dish... Panner Tikka.....simply mindblowing for that moment !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Viewers please leave your comments here. Your Beautiful comments feels good and motivates me to cook more :D Thanks :)